Sandplay is a method of psychotherapy using the sand-tray. The client - child or adult - creates various three-dimensional pictures in the sand which relate to different aspects of their lives.
R. Amann (1991).
The benefits of Sandplay Therapy are similar to Art Therapy
- It gives expression to non-verbalised emotional issues.
- It has a unique Kinesthetic quality.
- Deeper unconscious issues may be accessed more thoroughly and rapidly.
- It provides a unique setting for the emergence of therapeutic metaphors.
- Provides a needed & effective communication medium for clients with inadequate verbal skills.
- Creates a place for client to experience control.